Do you want to become a 10x top end developer? Do you want to take your career to the next level? Charles provides a 7 step roadmap to get you there:
1) Learn something new everyday.
a. 10-15 minutes, learn something new that can help you move the needle forward in your career.
b. Make 1% incremental progress everyday will compound to 37x better yearly. Everything adds up.
2) Commit code daily and practice your craft.
a. Practice makes perfect, try something new.
3) Meet someone new every week.
a. Contact and/or connect with another industry professional.
b. Build relationships and continue to stay in touch with them regularly.
4) Post or publish some sort of media each week.
a. Learn and process new information and content that can be presented or utilized elsewhere.
5) Go to a community coding group or event monthly.
a. Relationships will pay off and so will the knowledge share.
b. Commit to speak or present to the group on a specific topic and stretch yourself.
6) Go to a coding conference annually.
a. Network and collaborate with others.
b. Immerse yourself in the content and implement your top take-aways.
7) Make a plan and set your goals.
a. What are your goals and how will you get there?
b. Commit to making it happen.